On Thursday and Friday CETIS and UKOLN ran OERHack
last time I counted we had a little over 250 tweets.
Once we take ‘OERHack’ and RT out of the picture we see:
250 tweets isn’t that many for 2 days and ~40 people but that’s cause everyone was busy
Beforehand the event we had some discussions on blogs.
Ideas that we outlined but didn’t develop fully:
- PORSCHE thoughts
- Document Import/Export Service
- OER Playlist picker
- Additions to OERbit
- Prototyping a new OERca
Things that got hacked (and more or less documented)
- Extend the utility of WordPress as a host / presentation vehicle for OER collections.
- Bookmarking tools for OER
- Generating Paradata from mediawiki pages
- Hacking a Google CSE for course directories
- Metadata Extraction Tools
- SWORD desktop app
- Email-based deposit plugin for SWORD
- JS widget to Wookie widget (Jorum and OER Recommender)
These are described in more detail on the wiki as well as some notes about other things we tested and a useful list of wordpress plugins for learning resources. A fuller write-up about the event will be forthcoming but we (CETIS OERTIG, UKOLN DEVCSI, and everyone else) had a productive, fun, and busy two days.