We’re organising a developer event on harvesting, aggregating and collecting OERs. Creating an opportunity for developers to work on some of the issues around collecting and using OERs. We’re looking at technical issues around collecting OERs into your ‘system’ and sharing content from your ‘system’ with dynamic collections. More specifically we hope to:
- learn more about ICoper -a major European project- working building tools for the discovery, recommendation, and annotation of learning materials.
- explore the issues in incorporating third-party OERs in a repository,
- explore the technologies available for the dynamic thematic collections envisaged by the OER phase 2 call for proposals, and
- investigate what needs to be done to implement these technologies.
More details of the day can be found at http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/OER_Gathering which we’ll continue to update as we get feedback.
We’d originally intended to run this as two back to back events but as a result of some of our expected participants (including a number of colleagues from ICoper) having conflicting commitments and being unable to attend we’ve decided to run the two days we’d planned for the OER Gathering as a single day: June 22nd.
To help structure the day and make sure that the concentrated event is able to focus on what participants are most interested in and the questions the community has in this area, we’d like some feedback from participants and other interested parties.
If you’re attending:
- What’s your background? (developer, manager, researcher, …)
- Within the scope of the event, what are you most interested in discussing?
- If applicable, what would you like to demonstrate at the event?
- What are you most interested in hearing more about/ seeing demonstrated?
- If you’re a developer, what languages do you know/ what development environments/tools do you work with?
- If applicable, which metadata standards are you familiar with?
- If you run a repository or service that you’d like involved in the event can you provide us with some details about it (e.g. OAI-PMH base url / api functionality / feeds)?
Whether attending or not if you have any ideas of development challenges which you’d like to work on or see further specified at the event let us know (comment, email, or add them to the wiki).