Registration for this year's CETIS conference Open for Education is now, er, open. It's hard to believe that this will be our ninth conference, Jisc, CETIS and the higher and further education sector have gone through many changes since 2004. But some things haven't changed, including our belief that open approaches (data, standards, software) have much to offer institutions, that's why this year we're focusing on the open theme.
As always the conference will be a combination of keynotes and parallel discussion sessions. This year we are delighted to have Josie Fraser and Patrick McAndrew offering their thoughts on Digital Citizenship and Open Social and Open Education respectively. The parallel sessions will be "unashamedly technical" offering an opportunity for the development community to discuss new technologies and opportunities. The full programme is available but briefly;
* On Day 1, Wilbert will be hosting a session on the IMS QTI v2.1 specification and exploring which assessment profiles the community wants,
* Adam will be exploring issues around how organisations use their data assets in HE Information Landscape - Seize the Day,
* As the UKOER programme comes to an end Lorna and Phil will be asking how do projects and the community build momentum and open practice,
* Paul and Li will be future gazing to look at the opportunities ahead both for the sector and for CETIS.
* On day 2, Scott will be asking what do Open Development and Open Innovation methods have to offer education,
* Simon and Adam will be asking what opportunities might emerge for skills and competence when standards have been agreed,
* In the Analytics and Institutional capabilities session Sheila, Martin and David will be exploring how analytic dreams can become realities for institutions,
* And finally, Mark will be hosting an Open Mic session for delegates who have something to say!
If that has whetted your appetite, join us (for free!) at the Lakeside Centre, Aston by registering on our Eventbrite page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3938857228
We look forward to seeing you in March.